HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

White Boards?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tony Brent

PostSubject: White Boards?   Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:49 am

I'm brand new to chalk talk. I've used the Axtell Magic Drawing Board along with regular white boards to do some chalk talks for the 5th grade Sunday school class I teach. I was wondering if anyone here uses white boards in their talks?
Back to top Go down
Jay

PostSubject: Re: White Boards?   Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Tony, I have also made use of the white board in teaching Children's Church. I have done some of Nathan Dorrell's drawings and some of Dewey's cartoon drawings. There is a real cool drawing of Balaam where you turn him upside down and he becomes the donkey that talked. I used a white board for a drawing at a nursing home because it was less messy than the chalk. I drew the picture of the Shepherd reaching down for the lost sheep. To me the hard part is finding a marker with the right color and a large enough tip to put in enough color. Plus, there isn't the opportunity to use black light and a hidden picture. I prefer the chalk but the whiteboard can be handy and is quicker to set up. Jay
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin

PostSubject: Re: White Boards?   Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:41 am

Hi guys,
I found a thread on the Magic Cafe some time ago which mentioned a Bill Boley video called "Novelty Ventriloquism" which has a "chalk talk" routine using the Axtell Magic Drawing Board. I would really be interested in hearing more about this particular routine if anyone has seen it.
Kerry

ps. Tony, this just came to me the other day: Old magicians never die, they just become disillusioned.

www.ChalkIllustrated.com | www.GoldenChalkClassics.blogspot.com | www.ChalkedAndAmazed.com

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Boards?   

Back to top Go down

White Boards?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1