HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
patsy

PostSubject: Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers   Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

I started chalk in 2003 training under Ding Tueling. What an inspirational man and such talent. Later I trained with his son David and in 2008 I was fortunate to attend the chalk artist convention organized by Matt Bowman. The teachers there were such a joy to watch and learn from. . . not to mention the other chalkers. It is fun to learn from each other and so I thank you for this forum. I still use bogus paper but have just made the sheet frame and will see how I do with that. Have to keep challenging myself.
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers   Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Hey Patsy!
Thanks for joining us at The Loft. We might have met at the 2008 Chalk conference in Gull Lake that you mentioned. I found this YouTube video a while back which shows the Colorama on the last night of the conference - I'm third from the right. I never felt so crowded while chalking - it felt like I was drawing in a phone booth! Ding was to my left and I was so worried that I might knock him off the platform by accident .

Thanks again for stopping by and please drop in often!
Kerry

www.ChalkIllustrated.com | www.GoldenChalkClassics.blogspot.com | www.ChalkedAndAmazed.com

Back to top Go down
patsy

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers   Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 pm

I did come up and talk to you. I was in the front row just behind you. It was fun watching you. You had such expression and your drawing was very unique with the flourescent chalk. And thanks for the video. I didn't know it was on U Tube.
Back to top Go down
Trisha

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers   Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:02 pm

This is a awesome site. The chalk artist's have so many different styles and idea's. This is my first time on this site. I love what I have seen so far. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Trisha

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers   Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Enjoyed watching the Conference Colorama. I have been at a few myself and think 2008 was one we were at for a few days. We couldn't go for the week, but enjoyed what part we could be there for. Trained under Ding & Matt and love doing black light chalk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers   

Back to top Go down

Thanks for creating a spot for chalkers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1