HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Still using CDs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mreddie1611

PostSubject: Still using CDs   Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:25 am

I work almost exclusively with small country churches in the Midwest, and I haven't run into any that use anything more complex than CDs with their sound system. Where I am now in my ministry, it's convenient to just hand the sound man a soundtrack on CD (with the style of my chalk talks, playing through a single CD is all I need). There are a lot of churches that I work with that do not even have a CD player, and sometimes hauling out an old boom box will do the trick.

With the size churches I work in this is more than enough sound, but I would like to put speakers in my light system and mount a CD player to the back of the easel. Easy set up is important to me once I arrive at the church. Any recommendations or resources for small CD players with enough watts in the amp for a mid size speaker?
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Still using CDs   Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 pm

That's a good question. I have not used a CD player for a long time (in a program). I've been using an iPod in most locations - but then there isn't any kind of amp in those. They have to be patched in to a regular sound system (yours or the churches). I'll run this question in the next issue of Chalk Illustrated and see what kind of response it gets.
Kerry

www.ChalkIllustrated.com | www.GoldenChalkClassics.blogspot.com | www.ChalkedAndAmazed.com

Back to top Go down

Still using CDs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Chalk Loft :: THE DRAWING ROOM :: Music In the Mix-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion