HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Took me a long time but I finally got here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
k_ehrhart

PostSubject: Took me a long time but I finally got here   Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:20 am

In the 70s I saw Bill Gothard give a chalk talk at seminar in Redding, CA. I was fascinated and a seed was planted.
I have been a commercial artist for over 40 years. Last year I retired and moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains in the heart of the Biblebelt. I have been asking "what do you want of me Lord?" and patiently waiting as I busied myself with 'other' things. I hoped to be able to develop a chalk talk but didn't have a clue where to start. Two weeks ago a lady and her husband from my Sunday School class gave a talk. I was discouraged thinking "Oh, someone else is doing it". Boy, sometimes God has to really knock us upside the head doesn't He? I saw the light and approached the lady to ask how she got started. I am not sure I am going to be giving talks BUT I am a designer and the lady who does the talks is anxious to see what we can develop!
God was generous in the gift He gave me. I earned a living with it for 40 years and now I can finally put it to use glorifying Him.
Thanks so much for these pages, I know that they will be a blessing to me.
Kerry
Back to top Go down
Kerry Kistler
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Took me a long time but I finally got here   Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi Kerry,
Thanks for stopping by The Chalk Loft! Since you are just getting started, be sure to help yourself to the free chalk art resources found at ChalkedAndAmazed.com and ChalkMart.com

Stop by often and let us know what God is doing with your chalk art!

Warmest regards,
Kerry Kistler
Back to top Go down

Took me a long time but I finally got here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1